First off, what did we do with our project so far? Well, we were planning on getting three interviews for this project, one approving, one opposing, and an opinion from a community member. So we got the interview with the community member a couple weeks ago, and we only got the other two this weekend. I was pulled out of school on Friday to get an interview with the approving side around lunchtime at Kauai Christian Fellowship. After we got the interview there, we headed over a couple miles away to the opposing side's home to get an interview with her. (She made us cookies too!) And her interview was very long. I was expecting a 5-10 minute interview out of 7 questions, but er wrapped it up at 28 minutes, so that's going to be a lot to transcribe.
Next, we ran into a very big problem while getting the first interview over this weekend. We were using the Sony Mics with the built in headphone jacks, so that we didn't have to bring a box, and the audio was coming through the headphones perfectly. So we filmed the whole interview, but I wanted to check on the laptop if it all looked and sounded good before we left, turns out that there was no audio, and I was very confused, we tried to fix it, we did everything we could, we even sent one of her friends to buy more batteries, which I hope wasn't to much trouble. After that, we called Mr. M to see if he knew what was wrong, and he concluded that the audio must be coming from through the headphones, but not the camera. So we had to think of something fast, Mr. M recommended that we ask the church if they had any equipment we could use since we were already there. We headed over there, and this real nice guy, I think his name was John, (I'm really bad at remembering names) he said that there was no mic he had that matched our receiver, but what he recommended was that we go on stage, use one of the mics up there, hook it up to a speaker on stage, and point it to the camera so the camera speaker could pick it up. We didn't know what to do, so we tried it. It worked fine, audio was a little soft, but I can amplify it. We thanked the person we interviewed for her time, and we thanked John for helping us, and we were off to the school to get a new mic, then back to Poipu to get the next interview.
Lastly, what are my plans for these next two weeks? Well, we have RADIOS die this week, so we need to focus on that too, I think on Tuesday, we will finish hopefully all the radio script, and I can edit them at home, and transcribe some of the interview at home. Wednesday, after school, I want to finish transcribing, and Thursday, we will record all of our radios, and will edit at home. Friday, we'll work on our script. The only time that I will be able to get B-roll is this weekend, so I guess the only choice I have is to get all the B-roll before the script is due, which shouldn't be that hard since there isn't that much B-roll you can get for a dairy farm that isn't even in operation yet.
In conclusion, that is where we are at with our projects, hopefully, we can get this done and completed, because I am really looking forward to our PSa project next quarter. Anyways, see you guys later!