First, what worked in 2nd quarter? Well, there was a couple new things that we tried this quarter, and new things that we learned. The first thing was that we learned how to color match under different types of light, like florescent light and sun light for example in the camera settings. For one interview, we did it outside, and for the other two, we did it under lights. After changing the settings, they looked the same. The last thing was having an interview behind a black backdrop. When we were about to do the interview, I was a bit scared that the interview would look to dull with just black in the background, but after the interview, it actually looked quite nice.
Second, what didn't work? There was one thing I tried to do that didn't work out the way I planned it to. And that thing was when I went to get an interview, and the mic didn't work, we asked to use one of KCF's mics that they had since we were there. They let us barrow one, and we had to give we a mic, and then record the audio with the camera mic. I knew it wasn't going to sound perfect, but I thought at least it could work for now. And I was right, the audio wasn't that good, but well enough to understand it.
Lastly, what do i need to improve on? I think that the only thing we need to improve on is checking our equipment before we leave. If we did that before we left for the interview, we would have found out that it didn't work, and we would have brought another mic. But because we didn't do that, it was to late, and we had to get the bad audio, which was the only noticeable bad thing in the news story. But I feel that other than that, we did a great job.
In conclusion, that is what I feel worked, didn't work, and what we need to improve on for our 2nd quarter project. The only thing is that that is the last news story I'll be doing while I'm in CKMS, so that means that I'll have to take my knowledge to the high school next year. Anyways, Bye!